Who are we?

I (Rebecca Jorgensen, or Becca, as my friends call me) have dreamed of working with horses since I was 12. The dream has changed a lot over the past several years. With much prayer and a willing heart, God has led me to what I believe is His will. Wooden Cross Percherons (though not there yet) is based on the thought of a small family-owned Percheron breeding/training farm with an outreach to kids, all kids!
In the immediate future, Wooden Cross is using "the boys" (Ben and Levi) on kid-based functions, from youth-groups to Jr fairs, plus our favorites-- one-on-one opportunities or mentoring with individual kids.
So now you know who we are and I hope that we can get to know you!

The Boys!

The Boys!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Fun!

Summer has arrived! This is my favorite time of year, other than the insane amount of deerflies we have this year! Ugh!! Either way, I'm still glad summer is here! Next weekend is my first show of the year....It's coming up fast! I am very excited to go and catch up with some friends. Things get busy around here this time of year. The lawn needs mowing and the garden needs tending, but we still remember to have fun!
  I have started Levi in training now. He is beginning some light line-driving and I am also "hitching" him by tying him to Ben's hames when we drive. Mom has been getting the time to actually drive Ben as I run the rope from Levi's bridal. He is already starting to understand the commands and learning that he has to stay up by Ben if he doesn't want the cart tire to leave a tattoo on his leg!! It's a fun way to start out the day by hitching the boys.
   God was very good to us this past week. We got 1st crop hay up with NO RAIN!!! Our "share" of the crop was 150 small squares and 75 rounds. (The hay is being put up this year on "shares." A farmer "rents" the ground for 50-60% of the crop.) I was SOOO thankful to get up some dry hay as that is a challenge for WI farmers this year!
   Well, keep watch in the next couple of weeks for updates on how the boys do at the shows! Rice Lake is next weekend. I then have shows the first 2 weekends in August as well as 2 in September! If you can make it out to a show, stop by and say hello!!

~Becca and boys~

No comments:

Post a Comment