Who are we?

I (Rebecca Jorgensen, or Becca, as my friends call me) have dreamed of working with horses since I was 12. The dream has changed a lot over the past several years. With much prayer and a willing heart, God has led me to what I believe is His will. Wooden Cross Percherons (though not there yet) is based on the thought of a small family-owned Percheron breeding/training farm with an outreach to kids, all kids!
In the immediate future, Wooden Cross is using "the boys" (Ben and Levi) on kid-based functions, from youth-groups to Jr fairs, plus our favorites-- one-on-one opportunities or mentoring with individual kids.
So now you know who we are and I hope that we can get to know you!

The Boys!

The Boys!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!

Mothering is a wonderful thing. From watching a mare love and care for her foal to watching a mother cherish and raise her child, you know that motherhood is a heavenly assigned job. We women are the lucky ones to be able to be the mothers of the next generation. Prov. 31 says this about good mothers: "...and her children shall rise up and call her blessed."
  Well, here is my chance to "rise up" and "call" my mother "blessed."
My mother is a wonderful woman. She has shown me what true femininity is; what true strength is; and where true strength and femininity (yes, those two words do go together) comes from, the Lord Jesus Christ.
  I have this to say to anyone who down-plays the wonderful job of at-home motherhood. My Mom was a cook, nurse, teacher, biblical counselor, coach, psychiatrist, chauffeur, encourager, and the one I always knew,and still know, I could go to anytime, anywhere. You tell me of any other career that covers all of that in one day!
I look forward to one day, hopefully, being the "Mom" of my own children. And if/when that time comes, I will look back at what my Mom has taught me. I am sooo glad that God gave me such a wonderful woman to call mother, and friend.

Well, it's getting late. May God bless all of you mothers out there. Goodnight.

~Becca and Boys~

No comments:

Post a Comment