Who are we?

I (Rebecca Jorgensen, or Becca, as my friends call me) have dreamed of working with horses since I was 12. The dream has changed a lot over the past several years. With much prayer and a willing heart, God has led me to what I believe is His will. Wooden Cross Percherons (though not there yet) is based on the thought of a small family-owned Percheron breeding/training farm with an outreach to kids, all kids!
In the immediate future, Wooden Cross is using "the boys" (Ben and Levi) on kid-based functions, from youth-groups to Jr fairs, plus our favorites-- one-on-one opportunities or mentoring with individual kids.
So now you know who we are and I hope that we can get to know you!

The Boys!

The Boys!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spring has sprung? Not Really....

Happy May Day!!
  Spring is coming slowly but I am very glad that we aren't getting the horrible weather that our southern friends were unfortunate to receive. It was spitting snow today but no accumulation!!
  Ben got his spring shoes on this past Friday and so this last week I was able to drive/ride him several times. NO lameness! Praise the Lord! I am excited for show season which is starting in about two weeks. On May 15, Ben and I have a 4-H safety clinic we are hosting with our friend Katie Brown. I am going over simple farrier basics and Ben is going to be my model. I am excited for it. Then on May 21, Ben and Levi and I have our first show of the year!! So far, Levi is not yet gelded as the weather has not cooperated enough.....maybe I will be showing a yearling STUD colt? That would be interesting!! :)
    The pastures are not growing very well as it's been WAY too cold. The horses are keeping what little bit of grass that's growing nipped right down....They are tired of the hay, too.

Welll, God Bless to you all!! May the Lord keep you and bless you.

~Becca and Boys~

No comments:

Post a Comment